Some may be questioning whether or not it is actually possible to experience an extraordinary relationship. I believe it is. We already know good ones exist and there are even some really great partnerships. But, how many of us strive for extraordinary? I would never deceive anyone into believing it’s a breeze to obtain. I will, however, challenge everyone reading this to understand whatever we put time, energy and effort into will eventually become remarkable.
If an exceptional marriage or relationship is what you’re after, explore these 5 habits to assist you in getting there:
- Speak favorably of your significant other; especially in their absence. Everyone in your personal circle should know you are in a relationship and hear more positives than negatives about your mate.
- Be patient with your boo. It’s easy to become snappish or disagreeable when we’re tired or frustrated. Remember, this is someone we love; therefore love should always be evident in each communication.
- Love intensely, passionately and frequently! If all the world needs is love, it’s absolutely the most key ingredient in our relationships. In everything we do, the plan should be to have no regrets. Can you imagine how powerful a relationship could be If we loved like there was no tomorrow?
- Touch regularly. Holding hands, kissing, gazing into each other’s eyes and making love always produce a stronger relationship. Keep in mind we can’t argue, fuss or fight while we’re physically connected.
- Listen attentively to your partner. There will be certain things said that pertain directly to the relationship. If for some reason we aren’t listening, we just might miss out. Listening is the best source for information gathering on our mate. How else will we learn of their little quirks, pet peeves and what makes them happy? When they speak, we must give our undivided attention.
Ultimately, all we really must do is treat our partner the way we desire to be treated. People are pretty much the same. We all have feelings that can get hurt, dreams we want supported, and the need to experience an honest and healthy love relationship. Once we have that understanding, we are well on our way to achieving an extraordinary relationship.
BMWK, what other habits would you add?
like what you're reading?